Sunday, August 21, 2011

19 weeks


Well, this past week I had a wonderful milestone experience:  I'm pretty sure I felt Baby move.  This happened on Friday and hasn't happened since.  I was in a hospice patient's home talking with the famiy and suddenly felt something similar to a muscle jumping or twitching in the baby area.  It did this for a few minutes and that was it.  I'm just waiting for the next time it happens.  Hopefully it will be some place where I can focus on it more.  It's not too appropriate to be talking with a family about death and dying and say "Oh, I think my baby just kicked."  Despite the situation, I still really enjoyed feeling Baby say "Hi.  I'm still in here doing good, Mommy."
Brad and I had more baby name discussion this week.  We both kinda feel like Baby is a boy (but of course we don't know for sure).  And Brad knows how much I like last names as first names...so now he's calling Baby Boudreaux.  Of course, we would NEVER name our baby Boudreaux Kebodeaux, but it's fun nickname until we decide (and announce) Baby's actual name.  So now I may refer to Baby as Boudreaux in my posts.  Depends on how long it takes to get old.
Another major thing this week is that we (FINALLY) donated several items from our home to the local Salvation Army.  I chose the Salvation Army because their social worker has helped out some home health patients of mine in the past by giving them a walker or shower chair that was much needed but the patient didn't have insurance for it and could not afford it.  We also donated a lot of clothing to the church which will be sent to Africa soon.  We got all of this stuff together while cleaning out Boudreaux's room.  That room has been used as storage since we've moved in, but now we've cleaned out closets for extra room for storage.  We probably have one more weekend's worth of work to do and we'll be done with that project.  Then Brad will have to paint. 
Every step is a step closer to reality of my baby being here.  I love it!

By the way, 9 days until another chance at seeing Boudreaux's goods and 13 days until his/her first shower! 

No comments:

Post a Comment