Thursday, December 15, 2011

One more month until D-Day!


That's right only one more month until Little Man's due date!  It seems so close and so far away at the same time.  If that makes any sense at all.  I have washed clothes and some blankets (the handmade blankets will need to be hand-washed so that hasn't happened yet) and started to put things away in his room.  I have ordered the swing which should come in today or tomorrow,


his bedding set which will probably come in one day next week,

and a few things from Target including a baby bath tub, changing pad, changing pad covers, mattress pad cover and a breathable bumper. 

My parents ordered me a glider for the baby's room too.  It'll take another three weeks to come in but it is SOOOO comfortable.  I picked it out last week after my doctor's appointment when they started talking about taking me off of work.  The salesman was busy and I just sat in the chair, rocked and cried (no one else was around).  I guess I've already bonded with it.

Everything is starting to come together and I'm excited about that!

However, I'm not excited about being taken off of work due to having high blood pressure.  I have started my maternity leave today (I was kinda supposed to have done it yesterday but when I left the doctor's office I had too many loose ends to tie up at work that I stayed there until 1:30.).  I am supposed to mainly be lying down but I'm not the type of person that can do that all day and all night, so I lie down for awhile, get up and do a few things around the house, sit in my recliner, do a few more things around the house, then lie back down for awhile, then repeat the sequence.  I am not doing major things around the house, just enough to feel somewhat productive.  I am trying not to think about work.  That's hard when you've been working for so long (don't know how retired people do it!).  I am so attached to my patients and their families so they are on my mind a lot.  I know they will be in good hands. 

So from here on out, it's just one day at a time and keep that baby baking as long as he needs to!

1 comment:

  1. You'll love that swing! It looks like a newer model from what we have, but it's been heavenly and so durable! It's held up well.

    I LOVE that bedding!!!! The colors, the elephants, and the modern simplicity!

    Enjoy and take advantage of resting while you can, Momma. I know it's hard!
    Can't wait until he makes his debut, all in God's time! <3

    ReplyDelete